Our Neighbourhood &
The Alfred Hotel is ideally located in the South district of Amsterdam. You can start your day with a walk through Vondelpark that will lead you to Museumplein where you can discover the world renowned Rijksmuseum. In the Museumplein you can also discover fine dining at the Rijks Restaurant, masterpieces at the Van Gogh Museum, modern art at the Stedelijk Museum, or one of the many concerts at Het Concertgebouw. A five minute walk from the Museumplein will take you to the picturesque World Heritage Unesco recognized Amsterdam Canals.
Little Paris in Amsterdam
Ideally located in the charming and family friendly Amsterdam oud-zuid, we are within walking distance of some of Amsterdam’s best fashion boutiques, trendy cafés, cosy pubs and tasty restaurants! Our neighbourhood is more like a village inside the city and therefore the perfect place to stay when you want to experience Amsterdam to the fullest.
What to do in Amsterdam
What to do during the 'Corona times' in Amsterdam? Well there is plenty of fun stuff you can do and here are a few suggestions;
- Rent a bike with us and take in the city by bike
- Take a private walking tour and take in some historic Amsterdam architecture
- Enjoy a relaxing evening with a film and enjoy a takeout with our friends at UMAMI by Han or Le Pain Quotidien
- Visit the wealth of Museums
- Relax and picnic in the park